Watch this week’s TopRank Marketing digital marketing news with Joshua Nite (@NiteWrites) and Tiffani Allen (@Tiffani_Allen).
This week: B2B video benchmarks from Vidyard, news from Google, and wait a minute: Over HALF of Podcast listeners LIKE ads?
• Google has rolled out a combined Web and app analytics feature, unifying mobile and desktop views with its new App + Web for Google Analytics offering. The combined analytics give marketers additional ways to visualize more data.
• Only 20 percent of regular podcast listeners are likely to skip ads within podcasts, far less than the 44 percent who always avoid online pop-up ads or the 36 percent who skip banner ads, according to new study data.
• Google has begun rolling out playable podcast episodes that appear directly in search results, presenting both new visibility opportunities along with attribution and analytics challenges for marketers and brands.
• By 2021 global digital advertising spending is predicted to increase by 47 percent from 2019, with ad expenditure growth up by 5.3 percent, according to newly-released forecast data from Zenith.
• Business videos four minutes or shorter saw the highest completion rates — between between 50 – 68 percent — while those over 20 minutes saw the lowest, around 25 percent, just some of the research of interest to digital marketers in newly-released B2B video study data.
Thanks for tuning in, and we hope you’ll join us again next week for a new episode of the TopRank Marketing weekly video news.